As we age, hair naturally loses its pigment and can begin to turn grey or white. While some clients choose to go grey gracefully, others are looking for ways to blend or cover their greys and whites. As a stylist, grey coverage services can amount to a good amount of your book so staying up to date on the best ways to cover, the quickest ways to blend, and the top products to improve the look and feel of the hair are essential. Keep reading for expert advice about the top coverage techniques for grey hair.
The Top Grey Coverage Techniques
Cover with CHROMA™
The ultimate answer for your grey coverage clients, CHROMA™ Permanent Creme Colour delivers long-lasting colour and healthy, shiny results. Colour grey hairs with confidence, the true-to-swatch colour results take out the guesswork and allow your to customize coverage for each client. The ideal line to use when lifting or when your client needs maximum grey coverage.
Blend with TONES®
This non-ammonia, demi-permanent line is ideal to blend greys, glaze or tone and can often be a great service for first time grey coverage clients. Thanks to the CDP Complex®, TONES® offer low-maintenance multi-dimensional results with condition, shine, strength and brilliance. In addition to blending greys,TONES® is a great follow-on service to pair with ANDIAMO® or CHROMA™ to enhance mid-lengths to ends when applying root touch-ups.
Express Services with ANDIAMO®
Quick, impactful, and effective —ANDIAMO® is the easiest way to cover greys in an instant. With an average of 10-15 minutes of processing time, you’re able to over your clients quick results with consistent coverage. If you’re looking for shiny results in a fraction of the time, ANDIAMO® is ideal!
Expert Grey Coverage Tips:
- Start application where the hair is most resistant
- Consider using multiple formulas for coverage to create dimension. Usually applying a slightly lighter level around the hairline softens the overall look.
- If your client has resistant greys or new growth with shorter hairs, consider placing a piece of foil at the hairline and part line. This can help ensure coverage and better application for those areas.
- Lighter hair colors won’t show new growth as quickly, so think about choosing a higher level or pairing the grey coverage service with highlights or a face frame to help blend.
Maintain color with adequate home care
Once the desired coverage and blending is achieved maintaining color with proper home care is essential.
- Use lukewarm water to wash hair
- Cut down on heat styling when possible
- Always use a heat protectant
- Use colour-safe products to cleanse
When it comes to cleansing your Colour-treated hair Aloxxi has plenty of options to choose from that include Color Care Complex® to protect from harmful UVA/UVB rays and Advanced Repair Technology™ to strengthen and renew weak, depleted, colour-treated hair.